Friday, January 09, 2009

Heritage Station Hotel [Kuala Lumpur]

 
The plane landed on Kuala Lumpur at around 2am. line at the immigration was quick, and so is the one for taxi coupons, but LCCT's farther than I thought so I arrived heritage station hotel at around 3:30 am.


heritage station hotel, afternoon shot


heritage station's not a perfect one. it's purely for backpackers --aside from it's cheap (room for 3 ppl's about RM 100 per night), it doesn't give much comfort. aura's gloomy, the elevator's so old and creepy, heavy footsteps on upper floors could be heard, tv has no cable and carpet was dirty when I came.


my double sized bed


my single sized bed, just used it for my stuff


creepy elevator! hehe


3rd floor, you'll see this once you
step out of the elevator


In fairness though, housekeeping re-vacuumed my room immediately after I reported the dirty carpet, the bed's comfy, aircon's ok, the bathroom's clean and spacious (there's hot shower, yay!), enough supply of tissue paper's piled on my nice dresser, closet's huge, and there were clean fluffy towels which they replaced daily. AND ...the building's indeed a heritage, so nice on pictures!


some old photos displayed along the hallway


3rd floor's terrace, facing KTM headquarters


the hallways


exterior/interior --similar style


I managed to wake up at 8am as I needed to change my pesos to ringgit (money changer in LCCT was already closed, or I just didn't know where to find the others). guy in reception told me that I could change my money in KL Sentral, and so I took a quick breakfast --just the free fried rice and egg in the hotel, then went to KTM Kuala Lumpur station which is just right beside heritage station hotel.

I kinda freaked out coz it's my first train ride in KL, but everything turned out to be easy: I bought a ticket from the ticket counter (didn't bother trying the vendo. hehe) then inserted the ticket/card in the entrance, same as in manila. whew. hehe. then waited for train then rode. what a blooper though... after 2 stations I realized I was going to the opposite direction! I got off immediately, good thing there's always an overpass (or subway in some stations) for me to switch to the KL Sentral-bound train. the trip could have been just 3 minutes, as KL Sentral's just one station away from Kuala Lumpur, but it took me 15 mins coz of the blooper hehe.

Anyways there in KL Sentral I was able to change my Php 13k to RM 923. It's a good rate compared to LCCT (my sister exchanged some pesos for me months ago, so I have money on arrival)

I then accidentally passed by the Genting ticket booth. it was around 9am but there was already a sign that said "next available bus: 12pm". Scared that it might happen to me, I bought my ticket immediately (ticket for the following morning). I was informed that the bus will take me all the way up to Genting highlands, because THE CABLE CARS ARE UNDER RENOVATION, and will not be available till the 10th! argh.

After buying my Genting ticket, I went back to the hotel. this time I rode the train perfectly *bow* [read more]

 

No comments: