Friday, January 09, 2009

Butterfly Park [Kuala Lumpur]

 
previous post: KL - Heritage Station Hotel

I took a short nap, then rode a cab to Butterfly Park, or Taman Rama-Rama. It's situated in Lake Gardens --which is so near my hotel. but I didn't dare try hiking as it was around 12 noon, the sun was blazing hot! (bad taxi driver charged me RM 10 for such a short distance!)

taman rama-rama kuala lumpur/
butterfly park kuala lumpur



The RM 19 entrance fee isn't bad. butterflies are so plenty, so big and colorful! and the park's not just a park --it has more than butterflies: ponds, kois, mini falls, fountains and walkways surrounded by flowers and ferns!





The exit led me to an insect gallery where there's almost all types insects. almost all, I mean they've got tarantulas, beetles, scorpions, and even small frogs! so fascinating! some pictures:














--------------------------


After about one and a half hour (that was around 2pm already!) I decided to have lunch. A taxi driver pointed out a line of restos, reachable by 5-min walk from the butterfly park ...and so I tried it.

Then he was right, after walking for about 5 mins I saw carinderia-like restos. I chose one by gut feel, then peeped through their type of food. an indian girl seemed to understand that I'm not familiar with the place and so she taught me how the business goes "get rice, put food you like, self service, sit, pay later" hehe.

I scooped some eggplants cooked in i-dunno-sauce, grabbed a half of salted egg, put them on my rice as said, then sat down. the waitress then came to get my payment. that, and a can of pepsi were just RM 4. WOW! the can's dusty though, I had to get my own tissue and mineral water to clean it. tsk. now that's what you call self-service! :P


unknown food


I'm wondering how they compute without "standard" serving sizes. well, on 2nd thought, my food was cheap ...why care about the computation? haha! [read more]

 

No comments: