Friday, January 09, 2009

National Museum [Kuala Lumpur]

 
previous post: KL - Bird Park

It was already 4pm, I was already too tired to take a long walk again so I skipped the rest of nature-y parts of Lake Gardens and went to the national museum instead.


Muzium Negara


Muzium Negara, or the National Museum, is in one word NEAT -it's cold, clean, spacious, organized, techie and most important of all, offers a comprehensive explanation of how Malaysia came to what it is today.


(click to enlarge)


The trails helped me understand malaysia from pre-history, to its independence which is just 50 years ago. I was also amazed by how its history can be linked to the Philippines --from pre-historic times, when Philippines and Malaysia were believed to be part of an undevided land, to how the World War II also ruined some of Malaysia's infrastructures.


land formation, palawan's there!


Islam comes to Melaka


head dress, depends on position


1957 independence stuff


Proton, Malaysia's national car


I was already exhausted so I decided to munch some fish balls and soy milk, just behind the museum. I then walked back to the hotel to avoid another over-priced taxi ride. then finally called it a day :) It was another long walk, but I didn't mind, I've been walking all day anyway. and it was somehow a good time to appreciate the buildings' architecture, and KL's long afternoon ...as the sun doesn't set till 7:30.


KTM headquarters, just across my hotel :)


I didn't completely end my day without having dinner of course. I went to Heritage Station Restaurant just downstairs, then asked their sidewalk-cook to give me a really good nasi lemak. He gave me nasi lemak ayam, which consisted of really yummy and spicy nasi (rice cooked in coconut milk), deep fried ayam (chicken) and some slices of cucumbers.



A muslim then started his evening chant that echoed all over from the mosque nearby. as I enjoyed my nasi lemak on an outdoor table. yes, on the sidewalk --where I saw all walks of Malays --Pure/Chinese/Indians happily ending their week's monday. how authentic, how malaysia! [read more]

 

No comments: