Friday, January 09, 2009

Bird Park [Kuala Lumpur]

 
previous post: KL - Butterfly Park

After eating my late lunch, I asked around where the bird park is (I read from the net that it's just near butterfly park). some guy told me to walk back to the butterfly park, then "walk more". and so I did.



Such signs teased me, but nonetheless they told that I'm going to the right direction. so I just walked and walked, till finally there I was in Bird Park! the guy was right, but WOW, the "walk more" meant walking for 20 minutes from where I ate!

anyway, it was a good reward Ü they really have beautiful birds, and trails filled with colorful flowers. they have plenty of hornbills, peacocks and flamingos who are no longer aloof with people. seriously they can fly low enough to touch your head!






(they love papayas)




Bird Park is also not just a park. they have ponds, falls, fountains and rivers. The entire place's so big, in fact I wasn't able to explore other stuff like the incubator area and the photo booth :(

Exploring half of the trail was really tiring, or perhaps much of my energy has already been used up. good thing the entrance fee included a free drink in the park's nearby resto. Entrance fee's RM 39 by the way --quite pricey. but not when you're traveling alone. hehe. [read more]

 

No comments: