Friday, January 09, 2009

Zoo Negara [Malaysia]

 
previous post: [Genting Highlands]

On my 3rd day, I checked out from Heritage Hotel, rode KTM to KL Sentral then shifted to Kelana-Jaya line for the Putra-bound train (during rush hour take note). After 5 stations I think, I was there at KLCC station, finally done with crowded trains!

It was still too early so I just dropped by Traders Hotel, told them I'm checking in later in the afternoon and that I just want to leave my luggage (which isn't a luggage actually. It was just a paper bag full of laundry and other ok-to-lose stuff. hehe)

Then I went back to Kelana Jaya line, rode the Putra-bound train again then got off at Wangsa Maju. I was lucky this time to get a metered taxi, which took me to the National Zoo for RM 5.00


zoo negara/national zoo


I was the ONLY VISITOR, seriously. thus I enjoyed walking, seeing all the healthy, unique and amazing animals. Though I didn't get to see their elephant show (which I really looked forward to). accdg to their site though, there's an elephant show every 10am. I guess there's a hidden line there that says "if there are many guests who will watch" haha. anyway, the entrance fee's all worth it --coz it's just RM 15. For me that's cheap, compare that to butterfly park and bird park! some pictures:



















for my taxi back to Wangsa Maju station, a bad driver charged me RM 20 (wow man, times 4!), knowing there's no other taxi terminal I could run to huh. On the train I was just so glad that I'm done with overpriced cabs for my whole KL trip, and that there are 7 stations ahead, for me to rest my feet after all the walking I did in zoo negara! hehe

[read more]

No comments: