Friday, January 09, 2009

Kuala Lumpur City Centre

previous post: [Zoo Negara]

You can't leave Malaysia without seeing KLCC -it has not only the Petronas Twin Towers but also other exciting stuff which you could all visit in a half day. As for me, I checked out just KLCC Park, Suria and Aquaria in just one afternoon. I no longer had the energy to experience the twins' skybridge. besides it was already late for me to get a ticket AND I used to work in the 43rd floor for 2 years. hehe. I had so much pics though, being so close to it (and knowing that it's one of the tallest buildings in the world) gives a different kind of thrill, makes you want to take pics till you run out of bat. hehe.

Petronas
The twin towers


I then went to Aquaria, my last animal-related destination in Malaysia. haha! It's inside the KL Convention Centre, which is walkable from Petronas. It can even be accessed through a tunnel connecting the two.

My friend was right, this place is too pricey for its size (entrance fee's RM 38 or roughly Php 500, and I was able to see everything in about an hour!) some pics:

Aquaria
Stingray ba ito, or cousin. I dunno! hehe

electric eel
electric eel

Aquaria
piranha

Aquaria
pongpagong

Aquaria
creepy thing

tiny iguana
little iguana

fat iguana
iguana with steroids hehe

Aquaria
arapaima, i think

Aquaria
shredded fish. hehehe.


Though honestly, I liked it! Apparently, it has not only fishes but also turtles, iguanas, snakes, etc. I loved the walkalator part -where you get to walk beneath the big aquarium with huge STINGRAYS AND SHARKS! oh btw, camera flash is not allowed. everywhere. I'm glad I was able to get nice pics still. Thank you cybershot! (I should see Manila Ocean Park for comparison, don't you think?)

Aquaria
shark

Aquaria
stingray

Aquaria
creepy face

huge fish
some huge fish
(I took a pic of that kid to show size comparison hehe)


Suria, the famous mall just at the foot of Petronas, houses restos from fast food to fine dining, plus so many high-end brands of clothing. What I loved most is Kinokuniya, that bookstore which (okay I really can't forget this) has a huge Japanese manga section. I wanted so much to buy one for paul but sadly all mangas were Japanese, or I was just not a good book shopper at all. hehe. I ended up buying several english books published within Malaysia. of course, why buy something that's in Power Books already? hehe. I'm glad I was able to use the discount card which my sister got in the same bookstore 2 months ago!

Suria


KLCC park, situated strategically between Petronas, convention centre and the hotel where I stayed (Traders hotel) is perhaps the cheapest way to rest. everyone there enjoys strolling or dipping on the wading pool, or plainly hanging out. As for me, I just opted to end my exhausting day then watched the kids wade from my hotel room instead... hehe.

KLCC park


[read more]

No comments: