Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Universal Studios Japan [Osaka, Japan]

 
previous post: [On takoyaki and more - Osaka, Japan]

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) is the most tiring yet the most fun place we visited in Osaka. We spent almost the entire day falling in line and walking under the sun (it was a long weekend!) just to see 4 major attractions, but I can say each one was worth all the wait. but still quite not worth the price? hehe (entrance fee: 5800 yen! 1 yen = ~0.50 pesos).


The famous Universal Studios globe :)


andie, adrian, and mazel. and kirin. hehe


the old US aura. hehe


We got to see Terminator 2 3D, Shrek 4D, and the so cool Waterworld which was live and action packed! For the rides, andie, adrian and I were able to try Hollywood Dream the Ride -the roller coaster which didn't have loops BUT had high, steep humps and abrupt turns!


the live and action packed Waterworld set.
that plane is real! it flew in, ruining the steel wall!


The spiderman building-painting was a perfect place for our photo op, as much as the water street party which also allowed us to mingle with woody woodpecker, ernie, bert and elmo for a very short time. hehe.


that whole thing behind me is just a painting :)


water street party - I'm with woody!


water street party - ernie


water street party - elmo


I loved the stores which had so many cool items as souvenirs. And the food stalls, all had yummy treats! Though of course, the major RANT: everything's pricey in here, but as always, I tell myself -buy anything you could afford as you'll never know when's the next time!


me @ hello kitty's celebrity style store
I love that hello kitty plant!



we came in at 8 in the morning, then left at dusk!


Generally this place is fun, it indeed brought out the kid side in me! If given the chance, yes I'll visit USJ again. I'll forever be curious what's new with their techie productions! I warn you though, all movie narrations and dialogues are in JAPANESE! hehe [read more]

2 comments:

Cie said...

gusto ko rin makita si Elmo!!!
nakita mo ba si Hello Kitty?

ledabrigino said...

@cie - nakita ko rin si hello kitty! pero naka talikod na sha non, di na nahabol ng cam ko huhu
:(