Saturday, January 10, 2009

Traders Hotel [Kuala Lumpur]

 
previous post: [KLCC]

Before I went back to Manila, I already knew I'm going to make a per-location blog post, which obviously I've done as you see. Though after I've seen my beautiful pictures in KLCC, I say Traders hotel deserves a separate post... and I think Traders hotel should pay me for this. hehe.

Traders Hotel
Traders Hotel, seen from Suria


Traders Hotel is a 4-star hotel strategically situated in KLCC area -right across Suria, and connected to KLCC itself. one may opt to walk across KLCC park to get there, or to pass through the walkway connecting Suria and KLCC, or to just ride the hotel's shuttle instead, which stops right in front of Suria's entrance to pick up/drop off hotel clients (that 3rd option was my fave of course)

A welcome card, customized for me had already been waiting. Selamat Detang, Ms. Aleydis Cabrera --It gave me a nice impression, but it's no surprise, as they've been really accommodating since I started booking online... when they assured me through email that the rate I chose indeed means a room facing Petronas Twin Towers (I do remember putting in the "special request" portion that "good view is my priority")

Then guess what, they gave me more than what I requested -they gave me a corner-room, which faces the twin towers, AND the KL tower at the other side! see, never leave the "special request" field empty! hehe

Traders Hotel Traders Hotel
views from my room

Traders Hotel
KLCC park


Gobo Upstairs is a nice hangout place at night (or Skybar if you prefer alcoholic drinks more than coffee). Both offer a good view of the twin towers, plus of course the really good ambiance and service. I tried both, the latter on the following morning. I enjoyed them!

sky bar pool Traders Hotel
Skybar

Traders Hotel Traders Hotel
Gobo Upstairs - my coffee and hazelnut royale


I can't let go of my last night in KL and so I took a few more shots before I slept. I love these shots:

KL tower

Traders Hotel


Though sorry, I'm giving 3 out of 5 for their food. generally, their ala carte's not that WOW. their coffee's too strong, their clubhouse sandwich's just so-so, and their mango lassie had no essence of mango at all except that it was yellow. nothing beats Philippine mangoes!

BUT I did love their hazelnut royale, AND the breakfast buffet!!! most especially their do-it-yourself nasi lemak, as the rice this time wasn't full of spices. It was plainly cooked in coconut milk, went perfectly with the sweet-spicy shrimp paste (aka bagoong), crispy anchovies (aka DILIS. hehe), peanuts and cucumbers. it indeed satisfied my Filipino taste. that, and the bottomless serving of sushi, hash browns, tea, fruit juices and flavored yogurts --gave me the most superb breakfast I had in KL.

That overnight experience was worth RM 586, or more or less PHP 8,200. I know it sounds costly but come to think of it, that rate already includes the breakfast buffet, good view of the twin towers, late checkout at 3pm, and of course the warm service of Shangri-la's staff. take note, all those I mentioned, are supposedly intended FOR TWO PEOPLE. You won't even find that deal in Manila! I took some pix of my room by the way:

Traders Hotel

Traders Hotel Traders Hotel
Traders Hotel Traders Hotel


If given the chance, will I go back for this hotel? yes, definitely :)


[read more]
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read all your 6 posts and guess what?! I'm so envious!!! I should have done a solo travel before I got married, hmpft!

I don't have an excuse to have one now, do I? =P

ledabrigino said...

@cie, look at the bright side, all travel expenses in your case will now always be divided by 2
(or by 0. mwehehe :>)