Sunday, January 11, 2009

Putrajaya [Malaysia]

 
previous post: [KL - Traders Hotel]

For my last day, I decided to rest the entire morning to save up energy for my midnight flight. After lunch though, I packed my bags for my last destination, Putrajaya - which is quite far from KL but near the airport already. After checking out of Traders hotel, I stood outside the hotel to meet Jamil, the taxi driver who brought me from airport to heritage station hotel on my first day (such a kind guy, and he left his number so he could tour me around Putrajaya).

To my surprise, Someone else was waiting for me but with the same taxi! it was Rahmat, his older brother. It turns out that the taxi's owned by Rahmat... Jamil just took it one night while his brother while out of the country. hahahaha pumasada nang walang paalam!

here's my Putrajaya pics. it rained afterwards, so the last 2 pics were blurry, taken from inside the cab:

.Putrajaya
(quite blurry -shot while the cab was moving hehe)

mosque
the beautiful mosque

mosque
the mosque up close

Putrajaya
government offices

Putrajaya
prime minister's office, according to rahmat

Putrajaya
some gov't office

Putrajaya
some gov't office


According to Rahmat, Putrajaya's relatively new, a small city within a city, where government offices are situated (I assume, head offices?). Upon entering, I was impressed by the cleanliness, landscapes and architectures -and I admit I was quite envious that Malaysia had something as beautiful as this as a goverment's effort to improve public service. I give my two thumbs up for that, Malaysia!


Do you need a taxi driver in KL?

Rahmat was just as ok, he toured me around Putrajaya then brought me to the airport for a reasonable rate: RM 80. His english was bad! but that was understandable and tolerable, I can have that rather than the good english of the taxi driver, who toured my sister and bro in law months ago, also in Putrajaya -for RM 200! hehehe taga!

he's really kind, he tried his best to tour me around. sadly, it rained sooo hard after a while, so I didn't get to finish the entire supposedly-tour. he did drove around still even if it was raining hard. he's also that type of driver who's willing to wait if you want to go around by yourself, AND you could trust your bags with him. I do recommend him! here's his number: 019-321-3442 or 016-348-1520, plate number is HWC 9257.
 

No comments: